Monday, April 7, 2014

Intentions and Goals

Welcome to Uninvolved Dog Training.

I intend to focus on relatively easy dog training in the sense that you only need to carve out a few minutes a day. Given that my dog's great niece is due to have a litter of puppies April 11th, it's highly likely that a few puppy stories and pictures will find their way into posts.

Having gone through a formal dog obedience class, a multitude of agility classes, and competing in AKC performance events with my now 7 year old Keeshond, I understand how frustrating it can be to train a dog. More times than I can count on my hands, Razza has elected to not actually leave the starting line in agility trials; nevertheless, the very same dog is at the excellent level and can run courses perfectly--when she feels like it. I still get sneezed at on a near daily basis when she chooses to voice disapproval of whatever I'm asking.

It is my goal to help others to live in harmony (or something closely resembling such) with their dogs. Easy things like crate training; teaching basic commands like sit, down, and stay; and some heeling work can go a long way to helping us get along with our canine best friends.

Links to similar blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment